Spring is sprung!

It has been a long time since I last posted here. In fact, the seasons have changed, and my life has progressed quite a bit.

Looking back (even though we still have about a month left), I am realizing that this semester has been a challenging one, but also a great one. My classes have made me really work hard, but I’ve learned a lot. I’ve also grown socially – I’ve found my niche both with Theta and my other friends here on campus. I’m starting to figure out where I think I’m heading with my life, which is both exhilarating and terrifying.

As the semester winds down, there’s both a lot to do and a lot to look forward to. I need to get all of my ducks in a row for study abroad, prepare for my job this summer, and keep studying/working so that I finish strong in my classes. I’ve also got work and Theta things that keep me busy most weekends, as well as spending as much time with my friends before I leave them for a semester. Still, it’s all good fun, and I’m looking forward to semi-formal, to my final paper in Rhetorical Criticism, and to a wonderful summer and fantastic fall semester, inter alia.

Quite a lot has happened since I last posted, I am realizing, and I feel as though I should recap. The last time I wrote, I had just been initiated into Theta and I was making plans for study abroad. Since then, I have become really comfortable as a member of the sisterhood, and I’ve been accepted into my study abroad program! I’ve also secured my job for this summer: I will be working for Amigos de las Americas as a Project Supervisor in GuairĂ¡, Paraguay!

I also submitted a proposal and was subsequently accepted to present a poster representation of a paper that I wrote at the Central States Communication Association 2013 Conference. I actually just got back from the conference yesterday – we were in Kansas City, MO, and it was such a wonderful experience! I loved presenting my paper, especially because the topic is one that I’m very passionate about, and it was so much fun to go to all of the panels and hear about some of the research going on in the world of Communication. I am infinitely thankful for the opportunity, especially at such an early point in my academic career!

On the social front, I enjoyed Winter Gala and my first ever I.S. Monday, as well as Alumni Dinner for Theta! It’s been a busy semester, and I don’t think I’d trade it for anything. Now it’s winding down and I just have to be sure to stay on top of everything as we head into our last month!

Waiting for the parade to start with some friends on I.S. Monday.

Getting ready for Gala with my best friends!

All dressed up for Alumni Dinner with my girls!